- n a terrorist organization in Sri Lanka that began in 1970 as a student protest over the limited university access for Tamil students; currently seeks to establish an independent Tamil state called Eelam; relies on guerilla strategy including terrorist tactics that target key government and military personnel
- Internationally, support for the ltte is ebbing after a vicious bombing campaign in Colombo killed hundreds of civilians.
News & Articles
- Lanka must punish human rights violators: Chidambaram
SINGAPORE: Joining international demands for a proper inquiry into the alleged human rights violations during the war against the LTTE, Finance Minister P Chidambaram today said Sri Lankan government must investigate and punish those responsible for them.
Nov. 25, 2013 - INDOlink
- Mahinda Rajapakse in BBC News
Speaking in Jordan before returning to Sri Lanka, President Rajapaksa said: "My government, with the total commitment of our armed forces, has in an unprecedented humanitarian operation finally defeated the LTTE militarily. I will be going back to a...
- Mike Babcock in BusinessWeek
We have no sympathies for any activities indulged in by any terrorist organisation. Particularly, the LTTE is a banned organisation in India. But we are concerned with the plight of the civilians and we shall have to see how the civilians can be... Pranab Mukherjee http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pranab_Mukherjee&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNH7JtYbFJ2DGq5DofU9KuGxbo2Mpg IBNLive.com http://www.google.com/url?q=http://ibnlive.in.com/news/india-all-for-civilians-no-sympathy-for-ltte-pranab/83784-2.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGzDFd0t85JVoMJitRnEJyj1HceqA Jan 27, 2009
59657 79603 lu We're in the winning business and to win in any game, at any level, you need big saves, you need momentum-changing saves," Canadian coach Mike Babcock said. "We're looking for Lu to do that."