lowered : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v move something or somebody to a lower position
- v set lower
- v make lower or quieter
- v cause to drop or sink
- v look angry or sullen, wrinkle one's forehead, as if to signal disapproval
- a below the surround or below the normal position
with lowered eyes
- Policemen came and lowered a rope.
- This summer Standard Poor's lowered South Carolina's coveted AAA-bond rating to AA, citing unemployment of 6.
- One convent is hurriedly raising funds for a new building to house the inflow, and at another a rush of new blood has lowered the median age of its 225 sisters to 36.
News & Articles
- Singapore growth forecast for this year lowered to 2.3 percent
SINGAPORE, June 12 (UPI) -- Singapore's growth forecast for 2013 was lowered to 2.3 percent from 2.8 percent, a survey of private sector economists said Wednesday.
June 12, 2013 - UPI
- Analyst cuts Moody's rating, lifts price target
An analyst lowered Moody's rating on Tuesday, citing tougher comparisons as the year progresses. Benchmark's Edward Atorino cut Moody's to "Hold" from "Buy." In a client note the analyst ...
June 11, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Bond lowered for woman in fatal crash that killed officer
A judge has lowered the bond for a woman charged in a crash that killed one police officer and injured another. During a preliminary hearing Thursday, the bond for 26-year-old Kylee Gwen Barletto was lowered to $100,000 with the condition that she'll placed under house arrest if released. The case was also held for trial. Barletto is charged with homicide by vehicle in the May 2 death of part ...
June 8, 2013 - WPXI Pittsburgh
- Mwai Kibaki in Independent
President Kibaki, who was controversially re-elected on Sunday following allegations of vote-rigging, said he would be willing to talk, "once the nation is calm and the political temperatures are lowered".
- Glenn Stevens in AFP
Rudy Giuliani took a city that was in decline and considered ungovernable and reduced its violent crime, revitalized its core, dramatically lowered its taxes, cut through a welter of bureaucratic regulations, and did so in the spirit of... Pat Robertson http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Robertson&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHd6IgqFepuRFW7Ohaz_q5hn9nYOQ International Herald Tribune http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/11/07/america/NA-POL-US-White-House-Giuliani-Robertson.php&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNF3vC7IzzIytM8VNeHL40V_COkoxQ Nov 7, 2007
59606 79553 lowered In late 2008 and early 2009, the cash rate was lowered quickly, to a very low level, in expectation of very weak economic conditions and a recognition that considerable downside risks existed," bank governor Glenn Stevens said in a statement....