- n Australian mound bird; incubates eggs naturally in sandy mounds
- A jug-eared, sardonic lowan of 42, Harvard cum laude Author Duncan spent ten years on Gus the Great and was nearly broke much of the time.
- Frank Merriam is a moon-faced lowan who crept into Sacramento as Lieutenant Governor in 1930, succeeded to the Governorship when "Sunny Jim" Rolph died last year and black-jacked .
- But nonetheless many an lowan is irked because he sees and hears too much of the governor who, as one Statehouse staffer put it, has been "into everything.
News & Articles
- Forest conservationist to speak at Wilson College commencement
CHAMBERSBURG >> Meg Lowan, nicknamed the "real-life Lorax" by National Geographic and "Einstein of the treetops" by the Wall Street Journal, will address the senior class at the 144th annual Wilson College Commencement Ceremony at 1:30 p.m. May 18.
March 9, 2014 - Chambersburg Public Opinion