- n someone indifferent to the busy world
in the Odyssey Homer tells of lotus-eaters who live in dreamy indolence
- For $150 a month the lotus-eater got the sort of house awed tourists peer at in Palm Beachshady, parklike grounds on the mountainside, a sweeping gallery on which a hundred .
- Daphne, lotus-eater, was perhaps the most charmingthat is, until she referred casually to the custom of her country that would require Odysseus' death as soon as she was with .
- Now ensconced in a Manhattan town house (Kenny is her second husband, her first marriage was a brief misalliance), Nicky is a happy lotus-eater.
- Michael Stipe in Los Angeles Times
It does feel like you have to have both a sense of humor and a deep interest in the world around you to move through it anymore,said Stipe. "It's not enough to be a lotus-eater. But I do have hope. I'm the glass-half-full guy. And I hope...