lore : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n knowledge gained through tradition or anecdote
early peoples passed on plant and animal lore through legend
- In newspaper lore is the legend of a young cartoonist, flouted by the parents of the girl he wished to marry, who made himself rich by putting them in a comic strip.
- Have creepy fun with Perfect Blue; then move on to Kon's Millennium Actress, another, gentler mix of suspense and movie lore.
- Divas are expected to be difficult; opera lore is rife with tales of their devouring egos and overweening eccentricities -- not to mention the outrageous quirks of arrogant male .
News & Articles
- Lore City to commemorate the 150th anniversary of Civil War
LORE CITY -- From July 13-26, 1863 Confederate Brigadier General John Hunt Morgan led a daring group of more than 2,000 men across southern Ohio. Union troops under the command of Major General Ambrose Burnside...
June 12, 2013 - The Daily Jeffersonian
- HP’s revival plan: Hope the death of Windows XP spurs PC sales
HP could certainly use a lucky break and the company thinks it may just get one as soon as Microsoft stops supporting Windows XP next year. Computerworld reports that HP executives are banking heavily on the demise of Windows XP to revive their fortunes and have even come up with a catchy slogan to describe the opportunity: “Goodbye XP, Hello HP.” Enrique Lore, the senior vice president and ...
June 12, 2013 - BGR News via Yahoo! News
- Rash of vehicle break-ins in Lore City area
LORE CITY -- The Guernsey County Sheriff's Office continued to investigate numerous reports of vehicles being entered and items being stolen from vehicles parked in Lore City and the surrounding area.
June 7, 2013 - The Daily Jeffersonian
- Debbie Harry in MTV.com
I am very sorry that Hilly is gone,Blondie singer Deborah Harry said in a statement released to MTV News. "He was a big help to Blondie and to the New York music scene for many years. His club CBGB has become a part of New York lore and...
- Stephen Greenblatt in Kansas City Star
He knew plants and plant lore intimately,says Stephen Greenblatt, Harvard professor and author of Will in the World, a bestselling Shakespeare biography. "It seems clear that this knowledge was not only from books but more from direct...