loosely : Definition, Usages, News and More
- r in a relaxed manner; not rigid
his hands lay loosely
- r in a loose manner
a union of loosely federated states
- r without regard to specific details or exceptions
- r knitted in a loose manner
- The loosely connected skits conjured a seedy, hilariously cutthroat world in which there are two kinds of people: the one getting over and the ones getting gotten over on.
- The two central plots of 2666 are, very loosely speaking, the life story of an enigmatic German novelist called Archimboldi, and a murder mystery about the killings of hundreds of .
- I use the term loosely.
News & Articles
- Max Boot: Stay calm and let the NSA carry on
The NSA is gathering that information to keep us safe from terrorist attackers. Yet somehow its actions have become a "scandal," to use a term now loosely being tossed around.
June 12, 2013 - Memphis Commercial Appeal
- Dreamgirlsat Mad Cow Theatre
Dreamgirls, the Tony-winning 1981 Broadway musical loosely based on the life story of Diana Ross and the Supremes, has arrived on...
June 11, 2013 - Orlando Weekly
- Engineering study shows wind speeds below 135 mph caused majority of damage in Joplin
Many of the houses wiped out by the twister were loosely attached to concrete slabs. SPRINGFIELD, Mo. -- An investigative team of engineers affiliated with the American Society of Civil Engineers found EF-2 winds, not EF-4 or EF-5, caused more than 80 percent of the damage in the Joplin tornado in May 2011.
June 10, 2013 - KY3 Springfield
- Alberto Gonzales in International Herald Tribune
We cannot underscore the seriousness of the existential threat posed to the state of Pakistan by continuing advances, now within hours of Islamabad, that are being made by a loosely confederated group of terrorists and others who are seeking the... Hillary Rodham Clinton http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillary_Rodham_Clinton&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHOarXVfe0H5lTsVdy93IEoGrJtYg TIME http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1893370,00.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGtQsyyYum8DZstmXzva_zuZqEJNQ Apr 23, 2009
59321 79109 loosely But then-Attorney General Alberto Gonzales said after the arrests in mid-2006 that the group was emblematic of the smaller, more loosely defined cells who are not affiliated with al-Qaida, but who are inspired by a violent jihadist message."
- Josh Brolin in International Herald Tribune
Today was the day,said Josh Brolin, who last year was celebrating the Oscar success of "No Country for Old Men" when the news on Ledger broke. "It was a very sad day. I knew Heath loosely. I think it's a great performance. It's a very...