- r in a narrow manner; not allowing for exceptions
he interprets the law narrowly
- In 1959, he madeand has just narrowly losta bet that man would land on the moon by June 1969.
- Joe Chip and his colleaguesall but one of themhave narrowly escaped an explosion at a moon base.
- Put another way, McCain looks at the moment to have a narrowly better chance of beating the New York Senator than he does the relative newcomer from Illinois.
News & Articles
- Evans vs. Henderson: Sugar Proves Resilience in Comeback Victory
Rashad Evans rallied from being knocked down in the opening round to narrowly defeat Dan Henderson in a split on Saturday evening at UFC 161 . The narrow main event victory pushed Evans' mixed martial arts record to 18-3-1, while dropping Henderson to 29-10. The Ultimate Fighting Championship's official Twitter page highlighted what made the difference for the 33-year-old Evans: While neither ...
June 16, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Europe Shares Close Narrowly Higher
European shares closed narrowly higher on Friday, having pared gains when mixed economic reports from the U.S. did little to soothe concerns about an imminent end to the Federal Reserve's bond buying program.
June 14, 2013 - CNBC
- Security video catches man narrowly escaping falling tree
Security video captured a man narrowly escaping a tree falling on him during Thursday morning's storms. Click to see the video.
June 13, 2013 - 14 WFIE Evansville
- Barack Obama in Los Angeles Times (blog)
It seems to us that there should be ways of focusing narrowly on arms shipments rather than focusing in a blanket way on stopping everything and then in a piecemeal way allowing things into Gaza,Obama said with Abbas at his side.
- Nancy Pelosi in CNN International
As President Obama's Iraq policy is implemented, the remaining missions given to our remaining forces must be clearly defined and narrowly focused so that the number of troops needed to perform them is as small as possible,Pelosi said in a...