loophole : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an ambiguity (especially one in the text of a law or contract) that makes it possible to evade a difficulty or obligation
- n a small hole in a fortified wall; for observation or discharging weapons
- Take the example of the most notorious tax loophole that exists in our law today.
- MAHLON JOHNSON: Searching for an HIV "loophole" by dosing himself with highly toxic AIDS drugs.
- By a unanimous vote, the Bundesrat, the upper house of the West German Parliament, last week passed a law clos ing the legal loophole through which as-yet-undetected German war .
News & Articles
- Legislation closing underage drunken-driving loophole approved
Olivia Cianci News@abc6.com Legislation Closing Underage Drunken-Driving Loophole Approved Legislation that closes a loophole for underage drunken-driving has been approved by the General Assembly.
June 21, 2013 - ABC 6 Providence
- Lake George advocates make waves about invasive 'loophole'
Lake George advocates make waves about invasive 'loophole' Times Union Copyright 2013 Times Union. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Published 6:22 pm, Thursday, June 20, 2013 Lake George A plan to fight aquatic invasive species from getting into Lake George leaves open a dangerous loophole, lake advocates said. The plan would allow ...
June 21, 2013 - Albany Times Union
- Thanks to a loophole, one team built their own Porsche 917 and raced it at Le Mans in 1981, ten year
Thanks to a loophole, one team built their own Porsche 917 and raced it at Le Mans in 1981, ten years after the car was effectively banned. Maison Blanche has the whole story. ( H/T !)
June 19, 2013 - Jalopnik
- Byron Dorgan in Seattle Post Intelligencer
Dorgan said the FCC action opened a "gaping loophole for more mergers of newspapers and television stations across the country."
- Barack Obama in CNN
My plan fully closes the ...... loophole and restores common-sense regulation as part of my broader plan to ease the burden for struggling families today while investing in a better future,Obama said in a statement Sunday.
- Dianne Feinstein in International Herald Tribune
It closes the SUV loophole,declared Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein, referring to current requirements that allow much less stringent fuel efficiency standards for SUVs and pickup trucks than for cars. "This is a victory for the American...