long-winded : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s using or containing too many words
long-winded (or windy) speakers
- And yet when the lights and cameras were on, Biden was at his very worst long-winded, self-involved, and off message.
- In the long-winded discussions about the money sloshing around professional sports, the structure of the businesses receives little attention.
- Just as Palin kept her head well above water, so too did Biden keep himself under control, staying on message and away from long-winded, condescending and self-serving responses.
News & Articles
- All News
Reigning Canadian champion 2-year-old filly Spring in the Air and the long-winded Nipissing will clash Sunday in the 58th running of the $500,000 Woodbine Oaks.
June 11, 2013 - Daily Racing Form
- Armstrong School District, union agree on new contract
By Tim Karan, Leader Times Don’t look now, but Armstrong School District just managed to solve another potentially problematic issue without any controversy, posturing or long-winded diatribes — none at ...
June 11, 2013 - The Mckeesport Daily News
- Woodbine Oaks to see clash between Spring in the Air and Nipissing
ETOBICOKE, Ontario – Reigning Canadian champion 2-year-old filly Spring in the Air and the long-winded Nipissing will clash Sunday in the 58th running of the $500,000 Woodbine Oaks. The duo will be the top two betting choices in the nine-furlong test for Canadian-bred 3-year-old fillies, which will go as the eighth on a superb 10-race card.
June 7, 2013 - Daily Racing Form
- Rick Perry in Austin News
If you're waitin' for one of those long-winded speeches with a whole bunch of statistics and policy discussion, sorry, you're gonna be disappointed,Perry said.
- Jerry Jones in USA Today
I'm not implying that we have a long-winded thing here,Jones told a Dallas radio station.
- Tony Stewart in Minneapolis Star Tribune (subscription)
The good part is, it was fairly short, because Joe can get long-winded sometimes,Stewart said. "But it was a great meeting. That's Joe Gibbs' strength; he knows how to motivate people and he knows how to keep a team atmosphere."