- n wild or domesticated South American cud-chewing animal related to camels but smaller and lacking a hump
- Pisco, a 13-year-old llama, enters the room of a terminally ill patient during a visit to the Hospice of Saint John in Lakewood, Colorado.
- Deceptively spry despite his goofy appearance, the llama struts and shuffles among the flock, craning his head from one side of the field to another while occasionally stopping to .
- We turned off a country road opposite a llama ranch, and stopped at an unmarked circle of trailers in the middle of a clearing in the palm trees.
News & Articles
- Kimbell Art Museum hosts first U.S. exhibition to explore the art of the Wari, ancient Peru's first empire
Bag with Human Face, Wari culture, Peru, 600–1000. Alpaca or llama hide, human hair, pigment, cotton, coca leaf contents, h. 10¼ in. (26 cm). The Cleveland Museum of Art, Leonard C. Hanna Jr. Fund. Image © The Cleveland Museum of Art.
June 15, 2013 - Art Daily
- Differences between llamas and alpacas
In this edition of Pet Pointers, Lisa Chelenza is looking at the differences between llamas and alpacas.
June 15, 2013 - YNN Rochester
- Runners-up BITE INTO the Best Pet contest
Runners-up BITE INTO the Best Pet contest Runners-up BITE INTO the Best Pet contest Sarge, a rescued pitbull from Out of the Pits, defies all labels carried by his breed. Grace, part shepherd, holds the prestigious title of "Church Dog." [...] we always return them! — Father Jerry Gingras, Glenville Lisel is like a therapy llama; A hug from Lisel, and woes are forgot.
June 13, 2013 - Albany Times Union
- Darrell Hammond in FOXNews
That's the thing about `SNL,'says Hammond. "After a while, I just quit trying to grasp it. You're standing in the hallway and Hillary walks by. There's a llama over there and a sword eater over there. People are dancing by Mick Jagger.
- Jay Leno in USA Today
I'm going to tell the jury the same thing I'm telling you right now. I only rode that llama once. I didn't know it was underage. I'm not allowed to tell any Michael Jackson jokes. I can still write them,Leno added before handing the reins to...
- Robert Thomson in The Australian
Thomson, who took the floor after Brauchli, noted that some Journal stories appeared to have the "gestation period of a llama" (nearly a year).