- n (law) a party to a lawsuit; someone involved in litigation
- He was later a successful litigator and partner at the Washington firm of Hogan Hartson.
- He is unlikely to fancy his chances of acquittal on some fine point of law that a better litigator than himself might be able to argue: "He has nothing to lose and wants to enter .
- This time he's dealing with the meltdown of the firm's chief litigator, determined to cross over from the dark side (a vast American corporation, one of whose products is killing .
News & Articles
- Emily Nicklin to Head University of Chicago Medical Center Board of Trustees
Emily Nicklin, a lead corporate litigator at Kirkland & Ellis LLP and a trustee of the University of Chicago since 2004, has been named chair of the Medical Center's Board of Trustees.
June 21, 2013 - Newswise
- Joseph McM. Fairbanks, litigator
Litigator was known for high standards as well as mentoring young lawyers Joseph Fairbanks, a retired Baltimore litigator who was an inspiration and mentor to younger attorneys, died June 12 of cancer at Gilchrist Hospice Care in Columbia. He was 68.
June 20, 2013 - Baltimore Sun
- Aussie Asbestos Litigator Provides Corporate Pro Bono Service
Leon Zwier is an Australian lawyer who has made a reputation as a successful litigator, including representing telco Telstra in their negotiations with Sydney residents whose homes were contaminated with asbestos during the building of Australia's National Broadbank Network.
June 19, 2013 - LawFuel
- Patrick Leahy in USA Today
Leahy said "special interests on the far right have distorted Mr. Ogden's record by focusing only on a narrow sliver of his diverse practice as a litigator that spans more than three decades."
- David E Kelley in Reuters
Gordon Hamm is based on the true story of a real-life attorney who lives in my head,Kelley said. "Sharp litigator, a lot of fun and, deep down, a mess."
- Kit Bond in New York Times
I do agree that Judge Sotomayor has proven herself a well-qualified jurist,Mr. Bond said on the Senate floor. "I do agree that she has proven herself as a talented and accomplished student, federal prosecutor, corporate litigator, federal...