literalness : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n adhereing to the concrete construal of something
- While a reader can imagine Woolf and the others, a movie must literally flesh out fictional creations, and so a certain unfortunate literalness of presentation creeps into the .
- But now Sarkozy is applying that slogan to himself with unexpected literalness: he is moving to increase his presidential salary by nearly 150%.
- But the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, with exquisite literalness, is blocking the liquor on grounds of misleading advertising, since the brand seems to promise poison .
News & Articles
- Did Jesus really rise from the dead?
As Easter comes into view, the thoughts of billions of Christians turn to Jerusalem, to a sacred weekend that includes the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus. Of course, people regard these events with various degrees of literalness. But Easter retains its power.
April 18, 2014 - CNN