liniment : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a medicinal liquid that is rubbed into the skin to relieve muscular stiffness and pain
- Boxer Johnson declared the liniment Partner Botwen was marketing was not the same good "Old Champ" he had given friends for years to "cure toothaches, headaches or any other .
- For those who love the smell of the liniment and the roar of the parimutuel, however, there is no investment that can match the thrill.
- The smell in the wooden barns was a smell of hay, liniment and leather.
- Iain Dowie in Mirror.co.uk
I love the smell of the dressing room. I don't mean liniment. I mean the character and the strength of the people in there. They showed that against a team which I think can finish in the top four this season,said Dowie. "They know how to...
- Quentin Letts in The Guardian
(The crotch in question, mark you, was loose and unclothed.) "It smelled faintly of matron's liniment and coconut butter," Letts says. "That didn't seem right."