liberated : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v give equal rights to; of women and minorities
- v grant freedom to; free from confinement
- v grant freedom to
The students liberated their slaves upon graduating from the university
- v release (gas or energy) as a result of a chemical reaction or physical decomposition
- s (of a gas e.g.) released from chemical combination
- s free from traditional social restraints
a liberated lifestyle
- Last year she got Vogue to contribute money to open beauty salons in Kabul, creating jobs for newly liberated Afghan women; a story on the project ran in the magazine.
- Among the 15 people liberated was the most high-profile FARC hostage of all, former Colombian presidential candidate Ingrid Betancourt a French-Colombian whose six-year-long .
- In Starting Over, Burt Reynolds turns from a newly liberated wife to an equally liberated lover; Alan Alda's The Seduction of Joe Tynan tells much the same tale from a more .
News & Articles
- Tony Touch – The Piece Maker 3: Return Of The 50 MCs Album Cover & Tracklist [PHOTO]
Hip-Hop lovers are sure to gravitate towards Tony Touch 's forthcoming project The Piece Maker 3: Return Of The 50 MCs . To build anticipation, the legendary DJ, producer, and occasional rhymer has liberated the tracklist for your viewing pleasure.
June 14, 2013 - Hip-Hop Wired
- Killer Mike and El-P Bring in Big Boi, Prince Paul for 'Run the Jewels' Track List
Killer Mike and El-P have already liberated three tracks from their new collaborative project, Run the Jewels: "Get It,"
June 13, 2013 - Spin
- Holocaust survivor tells chilling tale to students
By GREG KENNELTY Staff Writer HOWELL — Abraham Chapnick was saved by his father during the World War IIera Holocaust, liberated from a Nazi concentration camp by Gen. George S. Patton, and started a new life in Howell after it was all over. read more
June 11, 2013 - News Transcript
- Vice President Dick Cheney in BBC News
After a meeting with Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri Maliki, Mr Cheney said it was significant to be in Iraq five years after a campaign "that liberated the people of Iraq from Saddam Hussein's tyranny and launched them on the difficult but historic road...
- Lance Bass in CTV.ca
The thing is, I'm not ashamed -- that's the one thing I went to say,Bass says. "I don't think it's wrong, I'm not devastated going through this. I'm more liberated and happy than I've been my whole life. I'm just happy."
- President Bush in Turkish Press
US troops there "are carrying out a surge that is helping bring former Sunni insurgents into the fight against Al Qaeda, clearing the terrorists out of population centers, and giving families in liberated Iraqi cities their first look at decent and...