levy : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a charge imposed and collected
- n the act of drafting into military service
- v impose and collect
levy a fine
- v cause to assemble or enlist in the military
- The levy has been labeled the Robin Hood tax by one economist because it helps transfer money from the rich to the poor.
News & Articles
- TPS expected to see Nov. levy
The Toledo Board of Education is to vote this month on placing a renewal levy on the November ballot.
June 13, 2013 - The Toledo Blade
- MGT Capital Investments, Inc. Retains Mike Levy As Strategic Advisor For Fanthrowdown.com
HARRISON, N.Y., June 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- MGT Capital Investments, Inc. (NYSE MKT: MGT) announced today the appointment of Mike Levy as a senior strategic advisor for the Company's daily fantasy sports ...
June 12, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Shoemaker-Levy 9's Co-Discoverer Still Chasing Comets, 20 Years Later
OTTAWA, ONTARIO — Two decades after the comet Shoemaker-Levy 9 slammed into Jupiter, co-discoverer David Levy expressed delight that water in the planet's atmosphere was recently traced back to the colossal collision in 1994.
June 10, 2013 - SPACE.com via Yahoo! News
- Harry Redknapp in Football.co.uk
We're interested in Joe,Redknapp confirmed to talkSPORT. "I know (chairman) Daniel (Levy) was talking to his people and we're interested. If the chairman can pull a deal off I'd love to have him at Tottenham. But it all comes down to if we...
- Gary Condit in CNN
For the Levy family, we are glad they are finally getting the answers they deserve. For my family, I am glad that their years of standing together in the face of such adversity have finally led to the truth,Condit told WJLA on Saturday.