- n a recently enlisted soldier
- n any new member or supporter (as in the armed forces)
- v register formally as a participant or member
The party recruited many new members
- v seek to employ
The lab director recruited an able crew of assistants
- v cause to assemble or enlist in the military
recruit new soldiers
- In 2003, the order hired a Milwaukee-based marketing team in 2003 to help them recruit young women.
- The campaign is the first by the agency under its new director, Leon Panetta, who has said he would like to recruit more people with foreign-language skills as well as more .
- Obama's plan is to recruit hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of people over the coming Martin Luther King Day weekend to do volunteer work in their communities anything .
News & Articles
- No. 1 recruit Da'Shawn Hand KO's Virginia Tech, leaving U-M in top 3
Defensive end Da'Shawn Hand, the consensus the No. 1 recruit in the nation, has eliminated Virginia Tech among the schools he is considering, leaving Michigan, Alabama and Florida as his top three.
June 12, 2013 - Detroit News
- Top recruit LB Thomas says he will honor commitment to FSU
Randy Spetman, who was demoted on Wednesday, has been praised and criticized for his decisions as AD. An offseason of uncertainty for Florida State recruit Matthew Thomas appears to have come to a resolution.
June 12, 2013 - Fox Sports
- KU recruit Wiggins turns down Team Canada
Kansas University recruit Andrew Wiggins is passing up a chance to play for Team Canada so he can prepare for his Jayhawks basketball career, Canada Basketball announced on its official website.
June 11, 2013 - The SportsXchange via Yahoo! Sports
- John Roberts in Xinhua
Material support intended even for benign purposes could "lend legitimacy to foreign terrorist groups -- legitimacy that makes it easier for those groups to persist, to recruit members, and to raise funds -- all of which facilitate more terrorist...
- Barack Obama in Austin American-Statesman
It is clear that al Qaeda increasingly seeks to recruit individuals without known terrorist affiliations not just in the Middle East, but in Africa and other places, to do their bidding,Obama said, adding that he had "directed my national...