lettering : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n letters inscribed (especially words engraved or carved) on something
- v win an athletic letter
- v set down or print with letters
- v mark letters on or mark with letters
- Bierut liked the lettering but wanted to update it.
- E-Mail a Friend Two years ago, IBM researcher Ismail Haritaoglu found himself at a Tokyo train station, unable to make heads or tails of the kanji lettering in the posted routes .
- Then he read the white lettering on the front: DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO BE THE NEXT AXE AMBASSADOR? "I said, 'Yes, I do.
News & Articles
- Ultra-Orthodox Jews Rally Against Israeli Army Draft Policies
(Rebecca Hiscott) On Sunday evening, a sea of men wearing black hats and cloaks flooded Foley Square in Lower Manhattan. They bore signs with Hebrew and English lettering, and conversed almost exclusively in Yiddish. Women, what few were in attendance, were given a wide berth. Three hundred rabbis and elders gathered onstage and led the crowd in a series of prayers before the formal protest ...
June 10, 2013 - The New York Observer
- Vallejo woman opens up on the effects of violence
A large notice on white paper is posted right under the colorful lettering of the 97 Cent Only Store sign on a window, cracked from a bullet hole.
June 9, 2013 - Vallejo Times-Herald
- Lettering stolen from Augusta subdivision sign
The Richmond County Sheriff's Office is looking for the person or people who stole the black lettering from a subdivision entrance sign.
June 7, 2013 - News 12 Augusta
- Ella Bully-Cummings in CNN International
Every year this organization sends out a press release with big, bold lettering that labels a certain city as Most Dangerous, USA,Police Chief Ella Bully-Cummings said in the release.
- Benjamin Franklin in Minneapolis Star Tribune
The latter is a cruder way of saying what my hero Benjamin Franklin wrote for his epitaph, "The body of B. Franklin, Printer, (Like the Cover of an Old Book, Its Contents torn Out, And Stript of its Lettering and Gilding), Lies Here, Food for Worms....
- David Fricke in Los Angeles Times
Wilkes, Fricke said, "was able to capture a certain essence of what was on the record and the person who made it. You look at something like Neil Young's 'Harvest,' the texture of the cover and that very simple, almost antique lettering, and you get...