- n a feeling of dissatisfaction that results when your expectations are not realized
- It takes only a slight letdown in those expectations to send the whole delightful, self-feeding process into reverse.
- For the Italians it was a terrific letdown by their German allies.
- The BlackJack was a bit of a letdown too.
News & Articles
- News Summary: Oracle stumbles again in fiscal 4Q
ANOTHER LETDOWN: Oracle disappointed investors for the second straight quarter as the business software maker's total revenue and sales of new software licenses fell below analysts' projections. BUMPY ...
June 20, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- College World Series 2013: What North Carolina Must Do to Reach Semifinals
North Carolina can't afford another letdown performance on Thursday night when it faces NC State for the right to move on to the 2013 College World Series semifinals. The No. 1-ranked team in the nation at the end of the regular season, North Carolina has already lost one game in the Series and will be eliminated if it loses its next contest. Interestingly enough, the team that beat the Tar ...
June 20, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Travelers Championship: Golf betting preview and picks
This is a letdown week with the U.S. Open peaking interest last weekend. The letdown not only comes because less is on the line but also because the field strength goes way down following a major championship. That’s the case at the Travelers Champi...
June 19, 2013 - Covers.com
- Robert Zoellick in Forbes
If you don't take on the banking issue, the stimulus is just like a sugar high. It pushes some energy into the system but then you get the letdown unless you reopen the credit markets,World Bank President Robert Zoellick said, speaking in...
- Mathias Kiwanuka in New York Times
I was told all along that if something were to happen that this is a position I could find myself in,Kiwanuka said. "I am ready to step in there and hopefully there won't be a letdown at all and we just have to get on it and keep the ball...
- Jimmie Johnson in SI.com
I wasn't happy with getting passed, but that would have been the situation with anybody,said Johnson, who finished second. "To get that close and not win is a letdown. There must have been stuff going on behind me that I couldn't see, but...