- a running or extending in the direction of the length of a thing
the lengthwise dimension
- r in the direction of the length
He cut the paper lengthwise
- What I mean is, every half an hour or so, a clanging, whistling length of rolling stock rumbles through on the Burlington Northern Santa Fe tracks that slice the park lengthwise .
- That may have had something to do with its improbable steel ridgeback seam, several inches high, like a Mohawk haircut that bisects the car lengthwise, coursing along the hood .
- With geysers of blood and a death count in the dirty dozens, with torsos sliced sideways and lengthwise, with a tongue yanked to Tex Avery cartoon length and a 20-minute .
News & Articles
- Grandma Sis's macaroni salad
Serves 8 1 pound elbow macaroni 1 tablespoon vegetable oil 1/2 cup mayonnaise 1 tablespoon cider vinegar 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste 1 small green bell pepper, cored and cut into thin strips 1/2 red onion, coarsely chopped 2 ribs celery, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced 1 jar (6 or 8 ounces) ...
June 24, 2013 - Boston Globe
- George Clooney in Independent
When Max is hungry,Clooney wrote, "he lumbers over to the front door and lies down lengthwise over the welcome mat, completely blocking the entrance. He then grunts and squeals until someone brings him breakfast. George has not required an...
- Qassim Daoud in San Diego Union Tribune
We sat down and talked one time in May and I told him, You're getting older--you're not 25, you're not 30, so why don't try a smaller bat, lengthwise?' And he used one of my bats in Yokohama one game and after that he just got the same model as... Tuffy Rhodes http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuffy_Rhodes&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNENKilTi_3VWKkkXUufmeV9Q7CIPQ The Daily Yomiuri http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/dy/sports/20081001TDY24302.htm&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEw6zc_V68lXVWKQc2fkCgGslLbxA Sep 30, 2008
57716 76675 lenience State Minister Qassim Dawoud said a government raid on the shrine would be a civilized lesson for those in Fallujah, Samarra, Mosul, Yusufiyah or Basra. There is no lenience ...... with those people."