- a lying or extending across the length of a thing or in a cross direction
a crosswise street
the crosswise dimension
- s in the shape of (a horizontal piece on) a cross
- r not in the intended manner
things are going crosswise
- r transversely
- They're not really a committee some of these people can get fairly crosswise with one another but if Detroit is going to turn itself around, it'll happen because of the .
- Tom Dewey plowed it up down and crosswise.
- Trucks filled with wet sandbags had been pulled up to her front gate, dozens of empty buses parked crosswise blocked the street and the neighborhood's entire perimeter had been .
News & Articles
- Readers' favorites: Melon
1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind Fingers of buttered bread, for serving (optional) Put mayonnaise, yogurt, chopped parsley, lemon rind, salt and pepper in a bowl. Pile shrimp mixture into melon halves and garnish with fresh parsley sprigs. Serve with fingers of lightly buttered bread, if desired. 1 whole smoked chicken breast (about 1 pound), skinned and thinly sliced crosswise with a knife ...
Aug. 29, 2013 - Albany Times Union