- n (of a ship or plane) sideways drift
- n a permissible difference; allowing some freedom to move within limits
- The study is accompanied by an article featuring criticism of a World Health Organization (WHO) draft report that, as currently written, gives homeopathy some leeway, as well as a .
- In African-American society, there is a lot of leeway as far as body type.
- Known as the 10(j) rule, a special exemption to the Endangered Species Act allows government agencies extra leeway in controlling "experimental populations" like the gray wolf; in .
News & Articles
- Co-op to hive off toxic loans into 'bad bank'
LONDON (Reuters) - Britain's Co-operative Group is splitting its bank into a 'good bank' and 'bad bank' and will hive off toxic loans worth about 14.5 billion pounds ($22.73 billion) to be wound down or sold off, the company said on Monday. The Co-op also said there is leeway for additional capital provisioning within its rescue plan, which the company is undertaking to plug a 1.5 billion pound ...
June 17, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Vigilante justice gone too far? Secret recordings in sex abuse case raise legal concerns
By secretly recording Richard McDade the teen entered a gray area in Florida's communications law, which gives little leeway for crime victims carrying out vigilante justice using secret recordings. Is state law putting unnecessary burdens on victims?
June 16, 2013 - Bonita Daily News
- What Is Kobe Bryant's Proper Role on the LA Lakers Next Year?
With Kobe Bryant pushing for an opening night return, there is no doubt that if he is successful, the Black Mamba will have some leeway in terms of adjusting his role and responsibilities on the court until he is back to 100 percent. However, with a Los Angeles Lakers franchise that had just suffered one of its most humbling playoff defeats in the past decade, the rabid fans and intense media ...
June 14, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Mike Holmgren in The Capital Times
It really isn't what Matt wants,Holmgren said. "Matt certainly would like to play. I give him a lot of leeway on decision making around here -- but that 's one I have to make the call on."
- Tim Lincecum in MLB.com
That gave me a lot of leeway to relax,he said. "It's fun to watch our lineup blow up like they did tonight. We came in ready."
- John Roberts in Forbes
Individual victims of discrimination in many instances can assert claims, but "we have often recognized that government has significantly greater leeway in its dealings with citizen employees," Chief Justice John Roberts wrote in a majority opinion.