- n the power or capacity of an organism to tolerate unfavorable environmental conditions
- n a disposition to allow freedom of choice and behavior
- n the act of tolerating something
- n willingness to recognize and respect the beliefs or practices of others
- n a permissible difference; allowing some freedom to move within limits
- It is important to remember that America was not born with the virtue of religious tolerance, but had to acquire it.
- Use the "Tolerance Temperature" activity on page 6 to help students recognize problem behaviors.
- One of the steadily seething arguments within the Roman Catholic Church is over the question of tolerance.
News & Articles
- Op-ed: How Messy, Sexy Vegas Brings Out the Best in Everyone
A visit to surprisingly-liberal Sin City made this writer feel free as a bird; is the tolerance an anomaly of the land of strippers and Celine? read more
June 20, 2013 - The Advocate
- Bay Area stars team up for tolerance PSA
Klay Thompson of the Warriors is among the Bay Area stars appearing in PSA promoting tolerance. / Kyle Terada, USA TODAY Sports For any athletes who may be grappling with some of the same issues Jason Collins and Robbie Rogers dealt with, a group of San Francisco Bay Area stars are sending out the message that Tit's safe to come out and play.
June 19, 2013 - Reno Gazette-Journal
- AVFPD: Zero tolerance for fireworks
APPLE VALLEY The Apple Valley Fire Protection District is reminding citizens that fireworks are illegal in the town of Apple Valley and all unincorporated areas of Apple Valley, according to a news release. AVFPD officers will have zero tolerance for anyone found possessing, transporting or using...
June 19, 2013 - Victorville Daily Press
- Campbell Brown in Wall Street Journal (blog)
Instead of blaming personal reasons for her leave, Brown said "I have never had much tolerance for others' spin, so I can't imagine trying to stomach my own. The simple fact is that not enough people want to watch my program, and I owe it to myself...
- Peter Ueberroth in TIME
US Olympic Committee Chairman Peter Ueberroth said in a statement the event was "an important moment for the city to show its character, hospitality and commitment to peace and tolerance."