- n the sediment from fermentation of an alcoholic beverage
- n United States filmmaker whose works explore the richness of black culture in America (born in 1957)
- n United States striptease artist who became famous on Broadway in the 1930s (1914-1970)
- n United States actor who was an expert in kung fu and starred in martial arts films (1941-1973)
- n United States physicist (born in China) who collaborated with Yang Chen Ning in disproving the principle of conservation of parity (born in 1926)
- n leader of the American Revolution who proposed the resolution calling for independence of the American Colonies (1732-1794)
- n soldier of the American Revolution (1756-1818)
- n American general who led the Confederate Armies in the American Civil War (1807-1870)
- n the side of something that is sheltered from the wind
News & Articles
- End of an icon
Marble Canyon Lodge burns to the ground after 87 years as the hub of the Lees Ferry community.
June 20, 2013 - Arizona Daily Sun
- John “Jeep” David Lees
Swiftwater, N.H. — John David Lees, 56, passed away suddenly on Saturday, June 15, 2013, at Dartmouth-Hitchcock. He was born in Southhampton, Long Island, N.Y. on June 8, 1957.
June 18, 2013 - Valley News
- Microsoft’s Andy Lees steps down from new role after just seven months
Microsoft executive Andy Lees has stepped down from his new corporate development role at Microsoft. Lees plans to go on sabbatical and return to his home in the U.K., AllThingsD reports, and he will reveal his new position at Microsoft sometime later this summer. It is unclear when Lees plans to return to work, however. Lees had previously led the Windows Phone team before climbing to his new ...
June 14, 2013 - BGR News via Yahoo! News
- Roger Kellaway in CTV.ca
I always wanted to be able to play with as much power as he had,said Kellaway, whose latest disc is entitled "Heroes" in Peterson's honour. "When (jazz writer) Gene Lees asked me, `What is it about Oscar that you love?' I said, `The will...