- n the sound of laughing
- n a facial expression characteristic of a person laughing
his face wrinkled in a silent laugh of derision
- n a humorous anecdote or remark intended to provoke laughter
thanks for the laugh
he laughed unpleasantly at his own jest
- v produce laughter
- Be it a slew of good jokes, a slapstick comedy or laughing yoga, find something to give you a good hearty laugh that brings tears to the eyes or a giggle fit that makes the sides .
- I had heard people repeating bits he did, and they always made me laugh.
- In Urbana last week, University of Illinois' Psychology Professor Paul Thomas Young, who had solemnly been keeping track of undergraduates' laughter and tears, produced these.
News & Articles
- SF Giants finally get to laugh a little in Pittsburgh, plus other notes
Nick Noonan had to laugh. If he didn’t, he might have cried. In the ninth inning of tonight’s 10-0 rout of the Pirates, he hit a drive to right-center that reached the right-center bleachers and ricocheted back to the field. The umpires ruled it a home run, Noonan’s first in the majors. He trotted around the bases, got all the requisite backslaps and even got the ball. But wait. Center fielder ...
June 14, 2013 - San Francisco Chronicle
- Laugh Staff Responds to Huffington Post Article on Couples’ Finances
Laugh Staff, the company that writes and edits best man speeches, offers a comment on The Huffington Post’s recent article on why it is important for newly engaged couples to discuss finances. (PRWeb June 13, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10821942.htm
June 13, 2013 - PRWeb
- How I Passed Up A Billion-Dollar Idea--And Lived To Laugh About It
Okay, maybe not laugh . But 10 years ago, Perky Jerky COO Bret Morstad was on the verge of creating Google Maps. But he didn't. Along the way, he learned that sometimes a crazy idea is worth the risk. Have you ever seen the movie The Italian Job ? Not the original Michael Caine version, but the Mark Wahlberg remake from 2003? Remember how there is this back story about Seth Green's character ...
June 13, 2013 - Fast Company Magazine
- Russell Brand in CNN
In a statement Wednesday Brand said that he was resigning and that he took "complete responsibility," adding: "As I only do the radio show to make people laugh I've decided that, given the subsequent coverage, I will stop doing the show. I got a bit...
- Bernie Mac in CNN International
I came from a place where there wasn't a lot of joy,Mac said in 2001. "I decided to try to make other people laugh when there wasn't a lot of things to laugh about."
- Prince Harry in NBC 10.com
We both think of her every day,Harry said of himself and his brother. "We speak about her and laugh together with all the memories. Put simply, she made us and so many other people happy; may this be the way she is remembered."