langouste : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n warm-water lobsters without claws; those from Australia and South Africa usually marketed as frozen tails; caught also in Florida and California
- n large edible marine crustacean having a spiny carapace but lacking the large pincers of true lobsters
- The Ago Khan, still lively at 71, dropped down from Evian to his villa at Cannet to offer potluck (ham, langouste, chicken, ice cream and 1928 champagne) to a few friends.
- The waters teem with spiny lobster (langouste); with crab, shrimp and snapper, as well as bass and swordfish.
- One way to dip toes in this particular par adise is to take a day trip by plane, swim, see the bird sanctuary, savor the langouste and lay plans for a longer visit later.
News & Articles
- Lobster hunters claw their way to prize
Call it what you want — spiny lobster, Florida lobster, rock lobster, crawfish, crayfish, langosta, West Indian langouste or bug — but that which...
July 18, 2013 - The News-Press