- n a person who lives and works on land
- n an inexperienced sailor; a sailor on the first voyage
- With the same misleading modesty he insists that he is merely a "landsman"but his new book is all about a voyage he made in his 31-ton ketch Truant two years ago, from .
- Every landsman in Russia who has worked on a ship of any kind within the past ten years was ordered last week by the Commissariat of Labor to leave his earthly job, report for .
- To build a boat that a landsman can operateand that in most cases he never will operate out of sight of landto build an engine that is as nearly as possible foolproof, to .
News & Articles
- Fishin' accomplished
I’m a certified landsman, in the words of Melville, passing my days pent up in plaster and lath, clinched to a desk. In need of escape, I accounted it high time to get to sea. OK, maybe the “Moby-Dick” references are overblown. I didn’t exactly ship out on...
June 8, 2013 - New York Post