- n a bank check that has been fraudulently altered to increase its face value
- n a bank check drawn on insufficient funds at another bank in order to take advantage of the float
- n plaything consisting of a light frame covered with tissue paper; flown in wind at end of a string
- n any of several small graceful hawks of the family Accipitridae having long pointed wings and feeding on insects and small animals
- v increase the amount (of a check) fraudulently
He kited many checks
- v get credit or money by using a bad check
The businessman kited millions of dollars
- v soar or fly like a kite
The pilot kited for a long time over the mountains
- v fly a kite
They kited the Red Dragon model
- Boys preparing to fight their kites in Kabul.
- THUNDERBOLT: An artist's rendering shows how the electrified kite string bristled with its charge and gave the inventor a famous jolt.
- When Andy Wardley first started entering kite-flying competitions back in the mid-1990s, hardly anyone was doing elaborate tricks.
News & Articles
- Alameda: Firefighters rescue kite surfer
Firefighters arrived on the 1800 block of Shore Line Drive around 7:20 p.m. and found a kite surfer about a half mile out in the bay, according to authorities. A rescue crew in a boat brought the surfer and his kite and board back to shore safely, according to the Alameda Fire Department.
June 11, 2013 - San Jose Mercury News
- U.S. Open Past Champions Confidential Extra: Ray Floyd, Andy North, Tom Kite join our panel
We convened a special PGA Tour Confidential roundtable of former U.S. Open champions including Tom Kite, Ray Floyd and Andy North (pictured) to talk about this year's tournament, memories from their own victories, the belly putter ban and more.
June 11, 2013 - Golf Magazine
- Alameda fire crews rescue distressed kite surfer
Firefighters were able to rescue a kite surfer who got stuck in the San Francisco Bay, just off the shore in Alameda, Saturday evening, fire officials said. Crews responded to a report of a kite surfer in distress at the Robert W. Crown Memorial State Beach, near the 1800 block of Shore Line Drive, at about 7:20 p.m., according to fire officials. When firefighters arrived, they located the ...
June 9, 2013 - KTVU
- Phil Mickelson in San Jose Mercury News
Jack Nicklaus, Tom Watson, Tom Kite, Tiger Woods ...... me,he said, smiling. "I'm not sure I belong on that list."
- Graeme McDowell in ESPN.co.uk
It's been a special few weeks,McDowell said. "To win in Wales and to come here and win, I can't describe how I feel. There's not too many bad golfers on this trophy. To join an elite list of names such as Tom Kite, Tom Watson, Tiger Woods,...