kitsch : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n excessively garish or sentimental art; usually considered in bad taste
- He exhibited a taste for kitsch and spectacle unrivaled in professional sports.
- You go for the Sicilian kitsch--the plastic flowers, the bronze-tinted mirrors, the piped-in Godfather theme.
- The kitsch shenanigans of Jeff Koons have been a major inspiration for him, and so has the later work of Francis Picabia those painstaking oils from the 1940s that Picabia .
News & Articles
- Taylor Kitsch Goes Blonde for The Normal Heart Movie Role: Picture
Taylor Kitsch goes blonde for his role in upcoming Ryan Murphy film The Normal Heart. Credit: Koki Nagahama/Getty Images; Splash News Online
June 13, 2013 - US Weekly
- Kanye West Denies Cheating Allegations
Kanye West responds to cheating allegations - ET Online Katie Couric's hilarious Freudian slip with Henry Cavill - HuffPost Celebrity What ex Carson Daly thinks of Jennifer Love Hewitt's engagement - Us Weekly January Jones gets bangs - People Does Kate Middleton have an early due date? - The Daily Beast You might not recognize Taylor Kitsch - Lainey Gossip Will Smith embarrasses son Jaden on ...
June 12, 2013 - PopSugar
- Exhibition in London: "Utopia" by Ghazaleh Avarzamani
Utopiashowcases Ghazaleh's Rococo themed needlepoint embroideries which are mixed with contemporary Iranian imagery. These are inspired by the kitsch interpretations of Goblin tapestries. The tapestries are embroidered by hand, tying in with Ghazaleh's belief that the revival of skilled craft is central to the artistic process.
June 11, 2013 - Payvand Iran News
- Mr Blackwell in FOXNews
Blackwell said Hilton - who topped his list two years ago - "still looks like yesterday's cheesecake ...... with a side of kitsch."
- Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck in Bloomberg
I don't like the idea of a Scientology member playing my father,Stauffenberg's eldest son, Berthold Count von Stauffenberg, 72, said in an interview with the Sueddeutsche Zeitung newspaper on June 22. "I'm afraid only awful kitsch will...
- Massimo Cacciari in Reuters UK
Mayor Massimo Cacciari said he found it "simply comic" that a Venetian cultural institution should reward "the most kitsch images about Venice and its future."