- n climbing vine native to China; cultivated in New Zealand for its fuzzy edible fruit with green meat
- n a native or inhabitant of New Zealand
- n fuzzy brown egg-shaped fruit with slightly tart green flesh
- n nocturnal flightless bird of New Zealand having a long neck and stout legs; only surviving representative of the order Apterygiformes
- As airman, journalist and British subject, Charles Grey ("Center of Gravity") Grey is a bird rare as the wingless kiwi.
- My landlady said a heavily sweating man stuffed them in the mailbox and lurched off like a wounded kiwi, so I assume you delivered them yourself.
- Though she bragged to me about having just finished a salad and a kiwi, she paused when I asked her if that salad had dressing.
News & Articles
- Edible Arrangements® Sweetens Up Summer With New Watermelon Kiwi Bouquet
WALLINGFORD, Conn., June 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Summer officially arrives on Friday, and with it barbecues, pool parties, picnics and family reunions. (Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130620/DA35981) Featuring fresh summer fruits like watermelon, mango and kiwi, the...
June 20, 2013 - PR Newswire
- Summer Drinks That Won't Make You Look Like A Lady
Credit: Brian Brainerd/Getty Images It's sunny and hot. You're hanging outside and want to enjoy a cold adult beverage. Boy, that strawberry-kiwi-whatever you see all the girls drinking sure looks refreshing! But guys can't drink fruity cocktails, at least not in public...or can you? In fact, there are plenty of colorful, citrus-flavored summer drinks that [...]
June 20, 2013 - MTV
- Local tennis column: Naples' Jesse Witten wins pro event on Space Coast
Straight off winning the men’s open singles of the 44th annual City of Naples Tennis Championships, Jesse Witten decided to try the pro ranks again in a tournament at the Kiwi Tennis Club in Indian Harbour Beach on Florida’s Space Coast. If nothing else, the action would serve as a tuneup for the beginning of the World Team Tennis action on July 7.
June 20, 2013 - Naples Daily News
- Helen Clark in North Queensland Register (registration)
He was a quintessential Kiwi. He was ours - from his craggy appearance and laconic style to his directness and honesty. All New Zealanders will deeply mourn his passing,Clark said. "Sir Ed described himself as an average New Zealander with...
- Andrew Symonds in Melbourne Herald Sun
Symonds told the hosts: "They're trying to use him (McCullum) as the out because he's a Kiwi. Yep, we love to hate them, but he's the lump of s---, sorry, lump of cow dirt, that people are thinking of. Now to get away from that, the actual topic is...
- Tom Coughlin in International Herald Tribune
I haven't talked to any of the players or to Kiwi or anyone this afternoon, and until I do that, I will just refrain from any thoughts about what might happen within our team,Coughlin said.