kingfish : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the lean flesh of any of several fish caught off the Atlantic coast of the United States
- n large edible mackerel of temperate United States coastal Atlantic waters
- n small silvery marine food fish found off California
- n any of several food and game fishes of the drum family indigenous to warm Atlantic waters of the North American coast
- n large game fish of Australia and New Zealand
- Once they made $50 catching kingfish; poker games showed a profit; they poached a sheep, paid for it later out of the fee collected on an opium-runner's errand.
News & Articles
- Lighthouse Point’s White, crew reel in top honors in tournament
Matt White’s team aboard his O-Sea-D won $11,370 with four blackfin tuna and four kingfish weighing a total of 187.2 pounds.
June 9, 2013 - Miami Herald
- Second annual CEKC fishing tournament a success despite rough seas, earlier date
Organizers of the second annual Coastal Empire Kingfish Classic may not have had the turnout they originally anticipated, but that didn't stop the event, held last Saturday at the Fort McAllister Marina, from being a success.
June 6, 2013 - Savannah Morning News
- Fishing report
Captain Alex Adler on the Kalex Charter boat out of Bud N Mary’s Marina reported dolphins from schoolies to fish over 30 pounds have been caught in the blue water. Blackfin tuna and amberjacks plus some huge sharks are being caught over the Humps. A few large kingfish have been landed and sailfish are still being caught and released along the outer reef line. On the bottom, plenty of yellowtail ...
June 6, 2013 - Miami Herald
- Sam Cordingley in Scoop.co.nz (press release)
New Zealand is also focusing its efforts on developing other aquaculture sectors, including abalone farming, kingfish farming and pearls, to become commercially relevant industries,Mr Cordingley says.
- John West in The Australian
Taronga Zoo shark expert John West said that shallow waters around Sydney contained "seemingly large schools of bait fish, attracting larger predators like kingfish and salmon, which in turn are attracting the sharks".
- Sir Ian Blair in Jamaica Observer
Operation Kingfish is an extraordinary organisation which have made some very significant arrests,Blair said.