kingship : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the dignity or rank or position of a king
- The pistol smoke barely had time to clear before the mantle of kingship passed to Ananda's 18-year-old brother, Bhumibol Adulyadej.
- But sooner or later, Otto's monologues always turned to the greatest coup of his careerthe days of his kingship.
- By secret vote of his peers, Sir Hisamuddin Alam Shah, 61, Sultan of Selangor, was elected to the five-year rotating kingship of independent Malaya, succeeding the late Tuan-ku .
News & Articles
- Does Manny Pacquiao Have to Change His Style Now That He's Older?
Poor Manny Pacquiao . The once-celebrated slugger has gone from being universally recognized as the lone threat to rival Floyd Mayweather ’s pound-for-pound kingship to being virtually dismissed as a has-been by both diehards and pundits alike. And it happened in the blink of an eye. Pacquiao, of course, was famously obliterated by Juan Manuel Marquez last December just as he appeared to turn ...
Aug. 1, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Book Release: Cyrus the Great An Ancient Iranian King
Cyrus is among the most impressive characters in the ancient world. From the Old Testament to Xenophon's Cyropaedia, ancient texts have made him to an example of tolerance and just kingship. Hailing from a small principality in southwest Iran, he rapidly rose to power, creating a world empire.
July 30, 2013 - Payvand Iran News
- Pope Benedict XVI in Manila Bulletin
Pope Benedict XVI said, "Jesus Christ's Kingship is not based on human power, but on loving and serving others. Christ has dominion over all creatures, a dominion not seized by violence nor usurped, but His by essence and by virtue."
- Zahi Hawass in NewKerala.com
The concept of divine kingship in ancient Egypt has its roots in religious myth, which defined the roles of both kings and queens,Hawas explained.
- Godfrey Binaisa in AllAfrica.com
Binaisa said further that "As long as people accept kings, we shall abide by their decision, but we shall not allow the rulers to use institutions of kingship to frustrate the aspirations of the people."