kinase : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an enzyme that catalyzes the conversion of a proenzyme to an active enzyme
- The molecule, mitogen-activated protein kinase, or MAP kinase, is five to 20 percent more prevalent in women with breast cancer than in those without the affliction.
- If the creatine kinase level is high in such a woman, she should be advised to have no more children.
- Other new drugs, including Tarceva and Iressa, also halt tumor growth by messing with tyrosine kinase.
News & Articles
- Updated Results of Two Phase 2 Ibrutinib Studies in Patients with Mantle Cell Lymphoma or Diffuse Large B-cell Lymphoma
SUNNYVALE, Calif., June 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Pharmacyclics, Inc. (the "Company") (Nasdaq: PCYC) today announced the results of two separate Phase 2 studies suggesting that ibrutinib, an investigational oral Bruton's tyrosine kinase (BTK) inhibitor, showed efficacy when used as a...
June 16, 2013 - PR Newswire
- Research and Markets: Triple Analysis: Apoptosis, Cancer Vaccines and Protein Kinase Inhibitors
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/2cww39/triple_analysis) has announced the addition of the "Triple Analysis: Apoptosis, Cancer Vaccines and Protein Kinase Inhibitors" report to their offering. This triple analysis focuses on cancer drug development strategies by mechanism/target/effect of Apoptosis, Cancer Vaccines and Protein Kinase ...
June 14, 2013 - Business Wire
- Kinexus Launches DrugKiNET KnowledgeBase with 105,000 Experimentally Tested Protein Kinase Drug Interactions
New open-access website also documents over 250,000 predicted protein kinase drug interactions using proprietary algorithms VANCOUVER, June 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ - Kinexus Bioinformatics Corporation, a ...
June 12, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Axel Ullrich in BusinessWeek
Nobody was sure they wanted a dirty kinase inhibitor like SU11248,Ullrich said.
- Gary Schwartz in CNW Telbec (CommuniquÃ© de presse)
Dr. Schwartz, in commenting on these results, said: "These exciting laboratory studies show that PhGalpha1, an inhibitor of protein kinase C (PKC), enhances the effect of chemotherapy in human cancer cell lines. They provide a strong rationale for...