- n a metric unit of length equal to 1000 meters (or 0.621371 miles)
- Such was the grim situation, as the field grey forces and their blue-grey machines moved on, kilometre after kilometre, toward the Seine, the Marne and Paris.
- Speed over 3-kilometre straightaway: Ruth Nichols, 210.
- Main competitive features of the games were: i) the surprising defeat of the Norwegians, who won most points in 1924 and 1928, in the skating races and the 18-kilometre lang lauf .
News & Articles
- Stacking up a clearer picture of the universe
( International Centre for Radio Astronomy Research ) Researchers from the International Centre for Radio Astronomy Research have proven a new technique that will provide a clearer picture of the Universe's history and be used with the next generation of radio telescopes such as the Square Kilometre Array.
June 13, 2013 - EurekAlert!
- Endeavour Silver Drill Program Continues to Intersect High Grade Silver-Gold Mineralization on the San Sebastian ...
VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwired - June 11, 2013) - Endeavour Silver Corp. (TSX:EDR)(NYSE:EXK) TSX: EDR,) announces that exploration drilling on the San Sebastian property in Jalisco State, Mexico continues to intersect high grade silver-gold mineralization over thick intervals along a 900 metre (m) long by 300 m deep portion of the more than three kilometre (km) long Terronera vein ...
June 11, 2013 - Marketwire
- The Future of the Pacific Hangs in the Balance
The immense scale of the Pacific Ocean, at 165 million square kilometres, inspires awe and fascination, but for those who inhabit the 22 Pacific island countries and territories, it is the very source of life. read more
June 9, 2013 - CommonDreams.org
- Ryder Hesjedal in Vancouver Sun
The sprinters have the most interest in stages four, five and six (the latter a 227.5-kilometre leg from Montargis to Gueugnon on Friday),said Hesjedal.
- Robert Fico in NDTV.com
From midnight tonight, you can travel 4,000 kilometre from Tallinn in Estonia to Lisbon in Portugal without any border controls,said Fico.
- Haile Gebrselassie in Fox Sports
After 11km I decided to stop (Makau) there, otherwise it was just too dangerous if I brought him up to the last kilometre,Gebrselassie said. "I expected to run a good time but when I woke up this morning I didn't feel so good because of...