- n a metric unit of length equal to 1000 meters (or 0.621371 miles)
- In this sleepy province in the heart of the Isaan region 620 kilometers northeast of Bangkok, where men are men and bugs are food, just about everyone is happy to regale you with .
- That followed tests early Sunday of the Shahab-1 and Shahab-2, with ranges of about 185 miles (300 kilometers) and 435 miles (700 kilometers) respectively.
- Then, in quick succession, 100 kilometers, 100 miles, 200 kilometers, 200 miles, 500 kilometers.
News & Articles
- Scottish Running
From left, Kylie, Brock, and Fiona McLeod of Corvallis dash down the beach in the “Kilted Kilometer,” hosted by the Newport Celtic Festival and Highland Games at Nye Beach on Friday, June 7. The event, part of the “Fringe Friday” events hosted by the festival, required entrants to complete the event in a kilt.
June 12, 2013 - Newport News-Times
- Get ready for Fall City Days Fun Run
The 24th Annual Fall City Days Fun Run will be held on Saturday, June 15.The event includes a 10-kilometer, 5-kilometer and a one-kilometer Kids Run. The starting line is in front of Farmhouse Market located at 33521 SE Redmond-Fall City Road, near Olive Taylor Quigley Park, in downtown Fall City.
June 11, 2013 - Snoqualmie Valley Record
- UltraRope Lightweight Elevator System Can Double the Maximum Run to 1 Kilometer, Says KONE
KONE's patented elevator technology, named KONE UltraRope, is lightweight, durable, can save on operating costs and can increase the maximum elevator run to 1 kilometer, says KONE.
June 10, 2013 - Engineering News-Record
- Mikhail Saakashvili in Hindu
Georgia will never give up a square kilometer of its territory,Saakashvili told a news conference alongside German Chancellor Angela Merkel.
- Alberto Contador in International Herald Tribune
I'm motivated and ready to race, but I see this edition as very difficult, because everything depends on the 28-kilometer time trial (Tuesday), since the mountain finishes will be for arriving in the group,Contador said. "I'll do a test on...
- Silvio Berlusconi in National Post
It's just not right for someone a kilometer away to interfere and start taking photos ...... The right to a private life must have greater protection when important guests are present,Berlusconi said.