kilovolt : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a unit of potential equal to a thousand volts
- It was able to cut off its single, 115-kilovolt line to CANUSE in time.
- They hail the 765-kilovolt line as one of their industry's great new developments.
- In July 1996, some 2 million customers from Nebraska to Washington State to Baja California Norte in Mexico lost power when a 345 kilovolt line was shorted out by a tree in Idaho.
News & Articles
- Water and Light presents Mill Creek power line proposal to City Council
The council is leaning toward an option that calls for three 161-kilovolt transmission lines to run from the proposed Mill Creek substation to three existing power stations. The Water and Light Department also presented a potential layout for partially underground lines. Read more
June 14, 2013 - Columbia Missourian
- Bonneville plans to rebuild power line in NW MT
The Bonneville Power Administration plans to rebuild a 115-kilovolt transmission line between Kalispell and Polson.
June 12, 2013 - Montana Kaimin
- Proposal for high-voltage lines in Chino Hills to be issued today
CHINO HILLS -- A waiting game to determine the future of high-voltage power lines in this city officially begins this week. Administrative Law Judge Jean Vieth is expected to issue a proposed decision today about whether Southern California Edison can string 198-foot, 500-kilovolt towers above the streets and homes of Chino Hills or whether those lines should be built underground.
June 11, 2013 - Inland Valley Daily Bulletin