kaftan : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a woman's dress style that imitates the caftan cloaks worn by men in the Near East
- n a (cotton or silk) cloak with full sleeves and sash reaching down to the ankles; worn by men in the Levant
- McBride's flowing white gown is apt for a lovelorn bride, but Tomasson courts her while encased in a shapeless kaftan that looks like a bleached potato sack.
News & Articles
- Aab Collection Autumn 2013 Range Is Available Now
Islamic Clothing Retailer Launches Exquisite Abayas, Kaftans, and More (PRWeb September 30, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/9/prweb11166373.htm
Sept. 30, 2013 - PRWeb
- Robbie Williams in The Sun
Robbie, who tells the mag he wants to be in TV's Loose Women, said: "It's easy in, easy out. It's as comfortable as the kaftan I wear normally...... I do only wear kaftans around the house."
- Celia Birtwell in Independent
I don't remember the dress either,says Birtwell today, for the time being at least, having the last word. "I know I was wearing a kaftan when we first posed for the picture, but it's a very good dress, isn't it. I can remember little...
- Cheryl Cole in Stuff.co.nz
I've got loads of bits I bring out for a holiday,Cheryl explained. "I do love a kaftan for when it gets a bit chilly and I love maxi dresses - they're brilliant if you've overdone it by the beach with the chips. They hide a multitude of...