- n a woman's dress style that imitates the caftan cloaks worn by men in the Near East
- n a (cotton or silk) cloak with full sleeves and sash reaching down to the ankles; worn by men in the Levant
- Left to right: Chiffon dress by Gianfranco Ferr; scarf by Giorgio Armani; vintage jewelry from Boucheron's Talitha Roman collection; caftan by Pucci; vintage gold, diamond necklace .
- R: Last summer I asked for $10 off a skirt and a silk caftan, which would have been around $75, together, at full price.
- Rustling her voluminous, diaphanous blue caftan, she shimmies across the stage of Manhattan's Ambassador Theater in a rhythmic roll that more than matches her vocal size.
- Michael Kors in London Free Press
One of my favourite resort pieces is a printed silk caftan, which I embellished with real stones for a decadent touch,says Kors. "It can be worn as both beach coverup and evening gown."