- n an esoteric or occult matter resembling the Kabbalah that is traditionally secret
- n an esoteric theosophy of rabbinical origin based on the Hebrew scriptures and developed between the 7th and 18th centuries
- When Leah's father arranges a more suitable match, Channon in desperation invokes the kabbalah the body of medieval Jewish esoteric teachingsand is possessed by the evil .
- Gershom Scholem's 83-page article on the kabbalahthat broad stream of Jewish esoterica embracing both lofty mysticism and magical formulasmay well be the most lucid .
- Bill Donohue in MTV.com
When the Material Girl first embraced Kabbalah, we thought her newfound faith would inspire her to show some respect for religion,said Bill Donohue, who heads up the Catholic civil-rights organization, in a statement issued Monday. "But I...
- Elton John in Washington Blade
This is a moment you thought you'd never see,John said, though he did, of course, add that he had "written a groveling apology and offered to join the Kabbalah."
- Guy Ritchie in The Gossip Girls (blog)
I don't really understand Kabbalah as a religion,Ritchie told Extra, adding, "I don't think it'sa religion as far as I'm aware."