- n an esoteric or occult matter resembling the Kabbalah that is traditionally secret
- n an esoteric theosophy of rabbinical origin based on the Hebrew scriptures and developed between the 7th and 18th centuries
- For though the surrealists took Freud for their patron saint, whereas the symbolists resorted to the cabala and the mystical gobbledygook of the Rosicrucians, both wanted to make .
- She learns most from Balthazar, an initiate of the cabala, whose crypticisms ("Passionate love even for a man's own wife is also adultery") leave her in such a state that "at .
- Hunch-players in Italy's weekly lottery often consult a handy handbook called the cabala which gives the magic numbers associated with certain objects and events.
- Rabbi Shmuley Boteach in Tallahassee Democrat
After a while, their appreciation for the everyday banalities of life wanes. Along comes cabala and says, 'These giant fireworks that you seek out every day - there's no need for them, because in everyday existence, there are hidden sparks.'...