- n the act of jostling (forcing your way by pushing)
- v make one's way by jostling, pushing, or shoving
We had to jostle our way to the front of the platform
- v come into rough contact with while moving
The passengers jostled each other in the overcrowded train
- And with a construction boom under way, some people are now complaining of traffic jams before they even leave home, as neighbors jostle to get out of underground parking garages.
- Two young bull bison bringing up the rear jostle each other playfully with their massive black heads.
- Each day's handout brings a stampede as the villagers jostle one another to be next in line.
News & Articles
- Ex-NASA CIO Lends Advice to Aspiring ‘Social CIOs’
Social Media is making impacts beyond the 'globe'. Linda Cureton, former NASA CIO shares with Jostle insights about the impact Social Media made in her role as CIO at NASA and beyond. (PRWeb June 12, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10821864.htm
June 12, 2013 - PRWeb
- Voice-Activated Control Comes to Comcast With X2
Even as Silicon Valley giants jostle to create new technology to revolutionize television, incumbent cable operator Comcast isn’t sitting still.
June 11, 2013 - Wall Street Journal Blogs
- All News
Lighthouse Bay overcame a sluggish start and rallied to score by 2 3/4 lengths in the 6 1/2-furlong, $75,000 Jostle Stakes for 3-year-old fillies at Parx Racing.
June 10, 2013 - Daily Racing Form
- Ron Wilson in San Jose Mercury News
We need to jostle him a bit,Wilson said. "He'll dive. We know that. But we need to get in his face and make him work."
- Kent Desormeaux in BloodHorse
Now that he is the prime minister, we will see his strengths in tackling the problems faced by the people. He has shown us his respect and loyalty for his leader and this should be emulated by young leaders who seemed to be in a hurry to jostle for... Hishammuddin Hussein http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hishammuddin_Hussein&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEUE7X_7cP53knI9WAet9-iTQFHmA Bernama http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.bernama.com.my/bernama/v3/news.php%3Fid%3D401571&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGu0AvE7Balgg3lfo2AOmlgo4FcXw Apr 3, 2009
54833 72622 jostle Desormeaux, who seeks his first Belmont Stakes win, said of the rail post, I'm obviously going to have to jostle for position coming from the one-hole. It takes me out a little bit out of control. "