jostling : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the act of jostling (forcing your way by pushing)
- v make one's way by jostling, pushing, or shoving
- v come into rough contact with while moving
- But most of the jostling travelers were in a festive, uncomplaining mood.
- After spending the better part of three months jostling for ideological goodies to present to constituents ahead of the 2002 elections, Congress may be finally figuring out that if .
- With a slew of additional skyscrapers planned for the capital, developers will be jostling for attention in an increasingly busy skyline.
News & Articles
- Race is on for tinier engines
After ballyhooing ever-bigger V-8s for years, the auto industry is now jostling for bragging rights when it comes to making usable engines as small as possible -- and thus more fuel efficient. Lately, the attention is on a new breed of 1-liter, three-cylinder motors coming to the U.S.
June 17, 2013 - The Arizona Republic
- Mickelson, Horschel on top after tough day
ARDMORE - The U.S. Open didn't produce a winner Friday, but Merion Golf Club came out on top after a long day. So did two players when the horn finally sounded at dusk, quieting a lot of jostling near the top of the leaderboard.
June 15, 2013 - Reading Eagle
- John Davidson in Yahoo! Sports
It's been exciting,said St. Louis Blues president John Davidson. "I don't think the draft is about trades so much. There's some jostling going on for moving up or moving back depending on what your draft list looks like and what your depth...
- Lewis Hamilton in Times 24
It wasn't a great pit stop and, as I exited the box, I saw two cars jostling for position ahead of me in the pit lane,explained Hamilton. "Obviously, I didn't want to get involved in their tussle, and was trying not to do so, and then all...
- Niall Quinn in Sportinglife.co.za
And fellow Irishman Quinn said: "We are trying to strengthen and we're working hard. There are a lot of people jostling for position at the moment and clubs are flexing their muscles." "But it should all fall into place pretty soon. And Roy...