- n a person who enjoys telling or playing jokes
- n a person who does something thoughtless or annoying
some joker is blocking the driveway
- n an inconspicuous clause in a document or bill that affects its meaning in a way that is not immediately apparent
when I demanded my money he showed me the joker in the contract
- n a playing card that is usually printed with a picture of a jester
- It upsets her, and Gene shoots back that she relied on him too much for sheltering--which, he guesses bluntly, is why she went and married Don, "this joker," as a protector and .
- Insurance companies seldom pay when the loss is due to "acts of war," merely point out to the wrathful policy holder the joker in his policy which also rules out payment in case.
- In his boyhood he was ever the prankster and the practical joker.
- Christian Bale in Washington Post
The Joker claims the only things you can believe in are chaos and disorder,Bale said. "There is some truth to that."
- Kate Winslet in AFP
Heath, we both knew what you had created in the Joker was extraordinarily special, and had even talked about being here on this very day,Ledger's sister Kate said.
- Christopher Nolan in AFP
For the role of The Joker I was looking for fearlessness,Nolan said. "I needed a phenomenal actor, but he (Ledger) also had to be someone unafraid of taking on such an iconic role. Heath created something entirely original. It's stunning,...