- n a feeling facetious merriment
- n fun characterized by humor
- n activity characterized by good humor
- Mao's notes for the speech reveal the curious mixture of jocularity and cruelty, of utopian visions and blinkered perceptions, that lay at the heart of his character.
- In his public appearances, I'm not seeing any jocularity or that "beer-buddy" persona anymore, at least any not forced out of sheer will.
- The Secretary did not find many opportunities for jocularity in his attempt to head off by negotiation the racial Armageddon that seems to be looming in southern Africa.
News & Articles
- Remembering LeBron Benton
LeBron Banks Benton, who passed away on September 17 at the age of 52 in Chattanooga, Tenn., was one of a kind. He was an actor, director and teacher; brilliant, kind, witty; an excellent host and guest; and, for all of his jocularity, a serious artist and a man sensitive to the needs of others.… [ Read more ] [ Subscribe to the comments on this story ]
Sept. 27, 2013 - Nuvo
- Phil Jackson in USA Today
Jackson described his relationship with Auerbach as "really competitive. There was always this jocularity that went on but there was always respect."
- Bob Woodward in San Francisco Chronicle
Of course with all the stories, jocularity, buddy-buddy talk, bluster and confidence in the Oval Office, Garner had left out the headline,Woodward writes. "He had not mentioned the problems he saw, or even hinted at them. He did not tell...