jingoist : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an extreme bellicose nationalist
- We would call countries whose people didn't know how bad they had it --and who brainlessly rattled off jingoist slogans-- "behind the Iron Curtain", wouldn't we?.
- Then his personal jingoist news organ Armed Poland flaunted a demand that Poland seize from Germany the territories of Ermeland, Stettin, Oppeln and Breslau, "because the Treaty .
- All along the way, he fended off attacks from both the Communist left and jingoist right, and by his retirement could point to prosperity, peace and friendship with the Western .
- Adam Goldberg in International Herald Tribune
He's an American who overidealizes Paris as a sort of idyllic political and cultural mecca,Goldberg said by phone. "And this American who is not a jingoist or a fan of George Bush finds himself becoming more and more American the longer...