jimmies : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n bits of sweet chocolate used as a topping on e.g. ice cream
- n a short crowbar
- v to move or force, especially in an effort to get something open
- Wherever he travels, Tom Crocker takes with him the clothes he wore the night he got the jimmies: "I've still got the pants, with holes in the back wired up and safety pins .
- He becomes Reddi Wip topping with jimmiesa superstar! Not just your everyday vast, mysterious, distant incandescence, but a really big one.
- Then he jimmies the door.
News & Articles
- LATEST NEWS
JAMESTOWN, N.D. (AP) — Jamestown College says that men's head soccer coach Phillip Bohn is leaving the school. Athletic Director Lawrie Paulson says Bohn has resigned after four seasons with the Jimmies.
June 12, 2013 - Connecticut Post
- Alex Arthur in Sportinglife.com
Arthur said: "Most of the Scottish and British boxing media have already written me off as a big underdog - almost a no-hoper. But, while I readily admit that I am the underdog, all those dismal Jimmies writing me off as a loser forget that, while...
- Alex McLeish in Telegraph.co.uk
But McLeish said: "They have had a great start and the two Jimmies [Calderwood and Nicholl] have stamped their personalities. I would have expected a resurgent Aberdeen team under their command but probably they have exceeded expectations this early...
- Kyle Gass in Courier Mail
We were really let down by the Jimmies,Gass says, referring to rock deities Jimi Hendrix and Jimmy Page.