- n a precious or semiprecious stone incorporated into a piece of jewelry
- n a person who is as brilliant and precious as a piece of jewelry
- v adorn or decorate with precious stones
- The crown jewel was the Model III, introduced in 1957, a little folded-steel crackerbox powered by a 9-hp motor.
- Three years later, Cheonggyecheon was reborn, an environmentally friendly civic jewel that has changed the face of Seoul.
- My first impression was one of wonder at the pristine cave, a jewel full of stalactites that glittered white under the light of our torches.
News & Articles
- History of Voting Rights Act
The Voting Rights Act is often called the crown jewel of the civil rights movement, yet many Americans do not know why or how it was passed. Pictured, NAACP Field Director Charles White speaks on the steps of the U.S. Supreme Court on Tuesday, June 25, after the court limited use of a major part of the landmark Voting Rights Act of 1965, in effect invalidating a key enforcement provision.
June 25, 2013 - CNN
- La Brea Bakery's New Italian 5 Grain Loaf Now Available at Jewel
La Brea Bakery, the nation’s favorite artisan bread brand, has introduced a new all natural, hearth baked Italian 5 Grain Loaf that is now available at Jewel Stores located throughout the Chicagoland area. (PRWeb June 25, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10849252.htm
June 25, 2013 - PRWeb
- Tracy Flick Has Nothing on Stuyvesant's Elite NYC Student Government Scandal
It's not easy being a Stuy kid. In recent years, students at Stuyvesant High School, the crown jewel of New York City's Specialized High Schools, have grabbed national attention for cheating on tests with their cell phones, recording racist rap videos, and organizing an event called "Slutty Wednesday" to protest the school's dress code. The latest controversy to befall one of the nation's most ...
June 24, 2013 - The Atlantic Wire via Yahoo! News
- Jeff Zucker in Inquirer.net
In just seven short years, Oxygen has become the crown jewel of independent networks,said Jeff Zucker, president and chief executive of NBC Universal. "It's a terrific property with a clear mission, strong brand, and desirable audience."
- Ben Silverman in FOXNews
It just felt like a jewel and that it was a show that really had so many people passionate about it,said Silverman. "I only get yelled at, but we love these great shows."
- Phil Spector in Forbes
Ike made Tina the jewel she was,Spector said.