- s small and remote and insignificant
a jerkwater college
- Feature writers rushed pellmell out to Red Lake Falls on a jerkwater train, half box cars.
- Irrespective of whether or not the term "jerkwater" is apropos, the town is served by two railroads, namely, the Atlanta, Birmingham Coast Railroad and the Southern Railway .
- Harvard's varsity made Yale's look like a jerkwater crew.
- Jason Sudeikis in Scranton Times
Mr. Sudeikis, playing Mr. Biden, said: "I come from Scranton, Pennsylvania, and that's as hard-scrabble a place as you're going to find. I'll show you around sometime and you'll see -- it's a hell hole. An absolute jerkwater of a town. You couldn't...