- n a correctional institution used to detain persons who are in the lawful custody of the government (either accused persons awaiting trial or convicted persons serving a sentence)
- s wasting time
- s small and remote and insignificant
- One day she gets a call from Nord Lafferty, a local zillionaire with daughter trouble: spoiled, sexy Reba Lafferty is fresh out of the pokey (embezzling) and falling back into .
- It loads fast, even on pokey dial-up modems.
- And it still feels pokey compared to my cable broadband connection at home.
News & Articles
- Major Internet Upgrade Could Trigger a 20% Rally in This Stock
For Internet surfers, it's time to move on to the Autobahn. A new flavor of Wi-Fi will be hitting store shelves in coming quarters that will make today's Wi-Fi equipment seem downright pokey. That new ...
June 11, 2013 - StreetAuthority Network via Yahoo! Finance
- Chad Johnson is going to jail for an illegal celebration
Chad Johnson, formerly Ochocinco, just booked his ticket for 30 days in a Florida jail for violating his probation. He could have avoided a month in the pokey, if not for a poorly timed slap on his attorney's derriere ... in the courtroom. The Associated Press reported on Monday that Johnson's plea deal fell through when Broward County Judge Kathleen McHugh saw the ass slap (or maybe she just ...
June 10, 2013 - SB Nation
- Watch Queens of the Stage Age Cover Robin Thicke's 'Blurred Lines'
The fine folks at BBC Radio 1's Live Lounge always manage to coax incredible cover songs out of visiting artists — remember Tom Odell's version of "I Knew You Were Trouble"? Mind-blowing. The Queens of the Stone Age visited recently, treating the audience to a low-key cover of Robin Thicke's sexy hokey pokey tune "Blurred Lines." Yes: Josh Homme raps. Check it out.
June 10, 2013 - Zimbio
- Bob Starkey in SI.com
Certainly the kids were disappointed to get the news. Pokey recruited all of those kids either as head coach or as an assistant,Starkey said. "These are not just good basketball players, they're good kids, and I think they're very close,...