- n a correctional institution used to detain persons who are in the lawful custody of the government (either accused persons awaiting trial or convicted persons serving a sentence)
- s wasting time
- s small and remote and insignificant
passed a series of poky little one-horse towns
- The quality problem was solved thanks to the proliferation of high-speed broadband lines, over which VoIP calls sound far better than they do over poky dial-up lines.
- For a species that prides itself on its athletic prowess, human beings are a pretty poky group.
- And remember the military's poky timetable: "We are trying to decide now how to redeploy the troops we already have in Afghanistan, the units that provided the security for the .
News & Articles
- Poky Pedaling to host Bell-Ringer Ride
Poky Pedaling Stevens Point will hold an Ornamental Water Well Bell-Ringer Ride starting at 1 p.m. Saturday. Participants should meet at 12:45 p.m. near the tennis courts at Little Plover River Park, 1501 Hoover Ave., Plover.
June 20, 2013 - Stevens Point Journal
- To do: Poky Pedaling Potluck Picnic
Poky Pedaling Stevens Point will hold a potluck picnic ride starting at 5:30 p.m. today. Riders should meet at 5:15 p.m. near the entrance to the pool at Goerke Park, 1100 Minnesota Ave.
June 18, 2013 - Stevens Point Journal
- Enter the Beautiful Gardens contest
Beautiful Gardens winner Jeanne Thatcher's cottage-style flower garden. Yes, spring arrived late this year, and the growing season is off to a poky, crawling start. Still, it’s time to share your favorite garden — even if it’s a long way from reaching its full glory.
June 18, 2013 - Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune
- Jeremy Clarkson in postzambia.com
Clarkson said yesterday: "It was tricky. I couldn't very well say that we weren't astronauts as that might look argumentative. Nor could I say that we made a poky BBC2 programme about cars - because then he might wonder what on earth we were doing...