- n a folded section placed between the leaves of another publication
- n an artifact that is inserted or is to be inserted
- n (broadcasting) a local announcement inserted into a network program
- n (film) a still picture that is introduced and that interrupts the action of a film
- v put or introduce into something
insert a picture into the text
- v introduce
- v fit snugly into
insert your ticket into the slot
- v insert casually
- The only sign of culture warring in the whole production is an insert in the day's program advertising an upcoming Focus on the Family conference on homosexuality in Anchorage .
- The Morning Program has more conventional features as well: celebrity interviews, daily health tips, movie reviews and short news inserts.
- A week later, they insert a pacemaker-like device in the chest, thread wires under the skin and connect them to the ones in the brain.
News & Articles
- Billy Ray Cyrus’ wife Tish files for divorce
Insert “achy breaky heart” joke here: Billy Ray Cyrus’ wife has filed for divorce from the country singer after 19 years of marriage. Court records show Tish Finley Cyrus filed Thursday in Los Angeles, citing irreconcilable differences. She’s seeking custody of their 13-year-old son and spousal support.
June 14, 2013 - Miami Herald
- INSERTING and REPLACING STOP Foodborne Illness Group Visits California Leafy Greens Farms
Insert after ninth graph, first sentence of release: To read a blog post about this tour written by Ryan Talley, LGMA Chairman, click here: http://lgma.ca.gov/blog/faces-behind-sta
June 13, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Insert Coin: BubblePod clockwork turntable lets your phone capture 360-degree images
In Insert Coin , we look at an exciting new tech project that requires funding before it can hit production. If you'd like to pitch a project, please send us a tip with "Insert Coin" as the subject line. The problem with capturing panoramic stills with your phone is that you need to keep a steady motion when panning around, but we all know that only a robot can perform such feat perfectly. That ...
June 10, 2013 - Engadget
- Barack Obama in FOXNews
The package will set a "new higher standard of accountability, transparency and oversight. We are going to ban all earmarks, the process by which individual members insert projects without review," Obama said. "We're not having earmarks in...
- Nicolas Sarkozy in The Associated Press
I am the first to think that sometimes discussions are long, that to insert a paragraph in a communique is exhausting,Sarkozy said at the end of three days of meetings. "We end these summits empty, tired, but it's our duty to participate."
- Larry Bowa in USA Today
They're just trying to take safety measures,Bowa said. "I prefer to wear an insert. With an ear flap, I would definitely think it would be a hindrance, it would get in the way."